Services – websites
I sell most of my services as packages, which means I put a price on the project as a whole rather than making an estimate and then charging an hourly rate. This gives you better assurance the project will not go over budget. However, all packages come with an hour limit in case the project takes much longer than I expect. Once that limit is reached, further work will be at additional expense.
I have prices listed here to give you a general idea of what you can expect, but since every project is unique, it is possible the price of your package will fall outside the range listed.
The WordPress Assistance Package ($500)
This is the fastest and most economical way to get up and running with a new website, taking about 3 weeks. The package includes:
- Help signing up for a domain name and a web host, if needed
- WordPress installation
- Help selecting a theme for your WordPress site
- Small customizations of your chosen theme:
- putting in your logo
- modifying images, colors and fonts
- giving different pages on your site unique sidebars
- modifying the page menu layout
- Help selecting free WordPress plugins for your website
- Two training sessions to help you get started using WordPress
Theme Modification Package ($750)
This package includes everything in the assistance package, as well as more extensive modification of your free theme:
- Modification of theme templates
- Styling of content generated by plugins
- Added theme capabilities such as user-determined headers, backgrounds and menus
- Creation of additional widget areas
- Modification of general site layout
Custom Web Design ($3000–$5000 for small site)
Free WordPress themes are an economical way to get started, but they aren’t the best solution for a business or organization with the budget to do more. Custom designs (aka custom WordPress themes) are uniquely you. They make you stand out from the crowd, promote your brand, and will be easier for you to maintain. Prices of custom design packages vary depending on the size of your site, what features you will want included, and what additional services, such as user testing or training, you will need. The price range here assumes you will have a relatively small site, like most of my clients. Custom web design projects typically take about 12 weeks to complete.
I Design, You Code ($1000–$2500 for small site)
I am happy to team up with developers. Prices vary depending on the features I need to design for and the amount of project management you would like included.
I Code, You Design ($1500–$4000 for small site)
I am happy to team up with designers. Prices vary depending on what features are included, but I would expect most themes to be on the lower end of this range.
Basic Maintenance Package ($290/year)
In today’s rapidly changing online environment, websites need proactive care to stay in good condition and help protect from disaster. This package allows me to keep an eye on your site and provide routine care, including:
- Assistance setting up a backup solution for your website
- Updates to WordPress, themes and plugins as new versions are released
- Refinements of my own code, as I learn new techniques
- Monthly security scans
- A monthly review of your site to identify problems
This is a basic package that is designed to be low-cost, so it doesn’t accommodate requests for modifications to your site; I’d be happy to put together a larger package if you would like more work done on your site on an ongoing basis.
“Christine took the time to get to know our organization and understand what we were hoping to achieve with our new website. She broke the process down into manageable steps and helped us design exactly what we wanted – a website that is clean, attractive and easy to use.”
Jessica Nguyen, Housing Development Consortium