I sell most of my services as packages, which means I put a price on the project as a whole rather than making an estimate and then charging an hourly rate. This gives you better assurance the project will not go over budget. However, all packages come with an hour limit in case the project takes much longer than I expect. Once that limit is reached, further work will be at additional expense.
I have prices listed here to give you a general idea of what you can expect, but since every project is unique, it is possible the price of your package will fall outside the range listed.
Theme Modification Package ($1500)
If you’re on a budget, I can help you get started with a pre-packaged design. This package includes everything you need to get up and running with a new website, without any extra services that would raise the cost. With this package, you get:
- WordPress Installation: If you need it, I will help you sign up for a domain and web hosting. I will also install WordPress and get your site ready for your theme.
- Theme Selection & Modification: I will help you choose a theme, and then we will work together to personalize it for your site. Common changes include adding your logo, changing colors or fonts, and modifying the page menu layout. Other changes that involve CSS or HTML coding are also included.
- Plugin Selection and Installation: Sometimes, WordPress doesn’t include features that you need, which is where plugins come in. I will find and install free WordPress plugins to provide the features that aren’t available in the basic WordPress installation. I will also style the content generated by plugins, so that it matches the rest of your site.
- Training: I will work with you to get you comfortable adding and managing content in your website. This package includes up to 4 hours of training.
- Launch Support: When it’s time for your site to go live, I will take care of the details, ensuring a smooth transition.
This package is for clients with simple requirements. If you need complex functionality on a budget, I’m happy to put together a custom package for you.
Custom Web Design ($6000–$9000 for a small site)
Free WordPress themes are an economical way to get started, but they aren’t the best solution for a business or organization with the budget to do more. Custom designs (aka custom WordPress themes) are uniquely you. They make you stand out from the crowd, promote your brand, and will be easier for you to maintain.
Prices of custom design packages vary depending on the size of your site, what features you will want included, and what additional services, such as user testing or training, you will need. The price range here assumes you will have a relatively small site. Custom web design projects typically take about 12 weeks to complete.
Basic Maintenance Package ($290/year)
In today’s rapidly changing online environment, websites need proactive care to stay in good condition and help protect from disaster. This package allows me to keep an eye on your site and provide routine care, including:
- Automated Weekly Remote Backups (Provided you are using a compatible web host, otherwise I’ll help you come up with a backup solution.)
- Updates to WordPress, themes and plugins as new versions are released
- Refinements of my own code, as I learn new techniques
- Monthly security scans
- A monthly review of your site to identify problems
This is a basic package that is designed to be low-cost, so it doesn’t accommodate requests for modifications to your site; I’m happy to put together a larger package if you would like more work done on your site on an ongoing basis.